If you decide, you want to be, and are the suitable individual, to serve and reflect a specific group, and set of constituents, as their leader, you need to, seriously consider, examine, and determine, what you hope to achieve, your personal reasons, real motives, and, especially, what you STRIVE to achieve! Quite often, the principal difference between significant leaders, and the rest – of – the – package, can be measured by the quality, relevance, and sustainability of those motives, and goals. With that in mind, this guide will try to briefly consider, examine, review and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, some of the essential considerations, and differences.
1. Strengthen; system; alternatives; sustainable: Perhaps, the single – biggest, necessity, to be a quality leader, is your focus on, and determination to, strengthen the group, and leave it stronger, after one’s tenure, then when assuming any position! One has to develop an easy – to – replicate/ duplicate, relevant system, which concentrates on seeking viable solutions, rather than merely blaming others, and/ or complaining! These ideas need to be, both, truly relevant, and sustainable, focused on bringing the team, represented, in the future, in a meaningful, effective way!
2. Timely: Never procrastinate, or put things off, merely because of concern, for personal comfort, and/ or convenience, or to avoid being blamed! Quality leaders must move, consistently, in a well – considered, timely manner!
3. Relevant; reactive; accountable; realistic: True leaders weigh the risk, versus the rewards, in a responsible, realistic manner, and concentrate on the best way to proceed, as opposed to the path of least resistance! Only when one commits, to providing relevant, responsive leadership, will he make a substantial difference, for the better.
4. Proceed, with the well – developed, creativity, to offer pertinent ideas, by considering, outside – the – box, options and alternatives!
5. Views; vision; value; worth: A leader must possess insights and views, which align with the vital, vibrant vision of the specific organization, and the values, it represents! Leaders only draw followers, when they tackle, both, the real and perceptual theories, of providing meaningful, relevant price!
6. An individual must be ready, willing and able, to listen, a lot more than talking, and learn from each conversation and experience, so as to proceed with genuine, essential, empathy! When one’s accent, is along with the endurance to pursue, the maximum degree of personal excellence, a leader is born!
Real leaders STRIVE to make a significant difference, for the better! Are you ready to lead?